Monday, January 23, 2012

Single Light

Ran a Studio Lighting course for Team Digital last Wednesday. Its surprising what can be achieved with a  single light. The biggest mistake inexperienced photographers make is to switch on all the lights and once without understanding HOW lighting works.
Start working with one (compliant) person and one light. Try Rembrandt broad, then Rembrandt shot. This here is a variation of Rembrandt short I call Rembrandt acute (bordering on rim). Its theatrical, dramatic and    with two people creates a narrative.
You can see some of the lighting gear Team have got on display here
http://bit.ly/xtNgYM
The price on the exposure meter is very good.

2 comments:

  1. Great advice. I have the light, now looking for compliant model. My wife wont and not my two year old, unless my light and camera has rapid motion tracking sensor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was definitely being as compliant as I get ;-)

    ReplyDelete